May 26, 2018
Small x86 CPU identification library
libcpuid is a small C library for x86 CPU detection and feature extraction. Using it, you can
- Get the processor vendor, model, brand string, code name, etc.
- Get information about CPU features such as number of cores or logical CPUs, cache sizes, CPU clock, etc.
- Check if the processor implements a specific instruction set such as SSE2 or 3DNow!
- Execute the CPUID and RDTSC instructions in a portable way
- And have this all in your commercial application, without getting into trouble, due to permissive license
Reference utility rather advanced and useful on its own is also provided.