May 26, 2018
Terminal multiplexer focued on simplicity, compatibility and stability
mtm is the Micro Terminal Multiplexer, a terminal multiplexer.
It has four major features/princples
- Simplicity there are three commands change focus, split, close. There are no modes, no dozens of commands, no crazy feature list.
- Compatibility mtm emulates a classic ANSI text terminal. That means it should work out of the box on essentially all terminfo/termcap-based systems even pretty old ones, without needing to install a new termcap entry.
- Size mtm is small. The entire project is around 1000 lines of code.
- Stability mtm is “finished” as it is now. You don’t need to worry about it
changing on you unexpectedly. The only changes that can happen at this point
- Bug fixes.
- Translation improvements.
- Accessibility improvements.
- Fixes to keep it working on modern OSes.