May 26, 2018
Guest Environment for Google Compute Engine
Google Compute Engine offers scripts and daemons which run in the background and provides the following services
- Accounts daemon to setup and manage user accounts, and to enable SSH key based authentication.
- Clock skew daemon to keep the system clock in sync after VM start and stop events.
- Instance setup scripts to execute VM configuration scripts during boot.
- IP forwarding daemon that integrates network load balancing with forwarding rule changes into the guest.
- Metadata scripts to run user provided scripts at VM startup and shutdown.
- Network setup service to enable multiple network interfaces on boot.