May 26, 2018
Courier SMTP IMAP POP3 HTTP mail server suite
Courier is a modular multiprotocol mail server that’s designed to strike a balance between reasonable performance, flexibility and features
- Can be configured to function as an intermediate mail relay, or as a mail server that receives mail for one or more domains, or anything in between.
- Web-based administration and configuration tool.
- Uses an efficient maildir format as its native mail storage format. Some support is provided for legacy mbox mailboxes.
- STARTTLS ESMTP extension as well as IMAP/POP3/Webmail over SSL in both the client and the server requires OpenSSL. The ESMTP client can optionally require that the remote server’s X.509 certificate is signed by a trusted root CA a default set of root CAs is provided.
- Mailboxes can be accessed via POP3, IMAP, SMAP, and HTTP.
- A faxmail gateway that forwards E-mail messages via fax.
- Courier includes a mailing list manager.
- PAM, LDAP, PostgreSQL, or MySQL authentication.
- Authenticated SMTP.
- Integrated mail filtering.