May 26, 2018
POP3/IMAP4 mail retriever with Maildir and command delivery
A POP3 and IMAP4 mail retriever with reliable Maildir and command delivery.
Summary of features
- Retrieve mail from an unlimited number of POP3/IMAP4 mailboxes and servers.
- Support for POP3-over-SSL and IMAP-over-SSL, as well as SDPS WARNING even with SSL, “no certificate or key validation is done.” so that getmail does not detect or protect from man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Support for multidrop or domain mailboxes.
- Safe and reliable delivery to qmail-style Maildirs, as well as program pipe delivery for use with arbitrary external MDAs. Includes an MDA for mbox files that supports mboxrd format and fcntl-type flock locking.
- Does not destroy information by rewriting mail headers.
- Does not cause mail loops by doing SMTP injection, and therefore does not require that you run an MTA like qmail or sendmail on your host.
- Can remember which mail it has already retrieved, and can be set to only download new messages.
- Written in Python, and therefore easy to extend or customize.
- Simple to install, configure, and use.