- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Diff and patch utilities for binary files
JDIFF is a program that outputs the differences between two binary files, either in binary format or human readable format detailed or summarized. JPTCH can then be used to reconstruct the second file from the first file.
Possible applications include incremental backups, synchronising files between two computers over a slow network, and others.
JDIFF tries to find a minimal set of differences between two files using a heuristic algorithm with constant space and linear time complexity. This means that accuracy is traded over speed. JDIFF will therefore, in general, not always find the smallest set of differences, but will try to be fast and will use a fixed amount of memory.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zoneinfo - Updated timezone definitions
- Zine - Simple and opinionated tool to build your own magazine
- Ytree - DOS-XTREE(tm) look-a-like file manager
- Yaunc - Yet another uptimes.net client
- Xtypo - X-based keyboard trainer
- Xtar - View and manipulate contents of a tar file
- Xtail - Watches the growth of files or directories
- Xplr - Hackable, minimal, fast TUI file explorer
- Xosd - X11 on-screen-display program and library
- Xless - X11-based viewer for text files
- Xiphos - Bible interface utilizing the sword framework
- Xgboost - Scalable, Portable and Distributed Gradient Boosting (GBDT, GBRT, GBM)
- Xgas - The animated simulation of an ideal gas
- Xfce4-wm-themes - Additional themes for xfwm4
- Xfce4-weather-plugin - Weather plugin for the Xfce panel