- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Small tail workalike that performs output coloring
mtail is a small tail workalike that performs output coloring using ansi escape sequences although the sequences are overridable, so you could cause it to output something else, e.g. html font tags, if you really wanted to. mtail is written in python, is fairly small, and should be relatively platform-independent.
It has a config file that can contain an arbitrary number of entries, each of which has a series of regular expressions to indicate which files to color according to which entry. for each entry, the config file specifies a coloring scheme using regular expressions and, optionally, filters to apply to each line before coloring for example, to strip out extra info, etc.. the config file also may override the predefined colors and the escape sequences or whatever actually used to perform the coloring.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zoneinfo - Updated timezone definitions
- Zine - Simple and opinionated tool to build your own magazine
- Ytree - DOS-XTREE(tm) look-a-like file manager
- Yaunc - Yet another uptimes.net client
- Xtypo - X-based keyboard trainer
- Xtar - View and manipulate contents of a tar file
- Xtail - Watches the growth of files or directories
- Xplr - Hackable, minimal, fast TUI file explorer
- Xosd - X11 on-screen-display program and library
- Xless - X11-based viewer for text files
- Xiphos - Bible interface utilizing the sword framework
- Xgboost - Scalable, Portable and Distributed Gradient Boosting (GBDT, GBRT, GBM)
- Xgas - The animated simulation of an ideal gas
- Xfce4-wm-themes - Additional themes for xfwm4
- Xfce4-weather-plugin - Weather plugin for the Xfce panel