- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
The FreeBSD operating system comes with a wide range of software packages also known as ports that users can install based on their preferences and needs. One of these insightful and necessary ports is the
mythes FreeBSD port. Representing a broad collection of thesauri in varying languages, this tool can help users in multiple ways, especially as part of the OpenOffice/LibreOffice suites. This particular article intends to provide a deep dive into the
mythes FreeBSD port for Polish.
mythes port comprises a polish thesaurus extension for OpenOffice.org and compatible office suites like LibreOffice. Both academic and professional writers find it beneficial, as it helps to find synonyms and explore Polish vocabulary. Before diving into how to use this software, let’s see how to install it.
In FreeBSD, the ports collection is like a large repository of over 20,000 third-party software applications in ready-to-install format. To install the
mythes port, follow these steps
First, navigate to the ports directory where
mythes is located
Then, install the
mythes software as
make install clean
Behind the scenes, this command downloads the required files, compiles the software, and finally installs it on your system. It might take a while based on your network and system speed.
mythes installed, the users can now use it within their OpenOffice or LibreOffice suites. To use the thesaurus feature in these editors, right-click on whichever word you’d like to find synonyms. Select the ‘Synonyms’ option from the drop-down menu. A new window will pop up showing you an array of synonyms to choose from. Here,
mythes is used to provide those synonyms in Polish.
It’s important to note that
mythes only provides the capability for the thesaurus in OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice. For it to work, you’ll need the corresponding dictionary installed as well.
Benefits and Applications
There are various benefits to using
mythes FreeBSD port. For instance, its broad adaptation in OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice makes it highly useful not only for language learners but also writers, linguists, and translators working in Polish. It improves the user’s linguistic diversity, aids in better communication, and facilitates a better understanding of the Polish language.
Apart from the individual perks,
mythes is a vital tool for educators working in a language learning environment. It aids teachers in helping students understand the complexity and beauty of the Polish language. Furthermore, as OpenOffice and LibreOffice are open-source software, using
mythes there contributes to and supports the open-source community.
Given the varied applications and benefits of
mythes, it’s clear that the FreeBSD port serves as an indispensable tool in certain domains. Users who love FreeBSD for its superior security features [nmap]https//freebsdsoftware.org/security/nmap.html being an impressive port for this would undoubtedly find
mythes equally beneficial.
To sum it up,
mythes is yet another FreeBSD utility that stands as a testament to the versatility and comprehensiveness of the FreeBSD Ports Collection. Installing it and using it is straightforward, and the benefits it provides to users working with the Polish language are immense. It truly showcases the diversity and adaptability of the FreeBSD operating system.
Checkout these related ports:
- Webalizer2 -
- Trf - Billing software for traffic counting working with most Polish ISPs
- Tleenx2 - Client for polish IM service called Tlen.pl
- Qnapi - Qt5 based subtitle downloader
- Napi - Command line subtitles downloader for napiprojekt.pl
- Libtlen - Backend for interoperability with Tlen.pl, Polish IM network
- Libreoffice -
- Libgadu - Instant messaging library for Gadu-Gadu protocol
- Hyphen - Polish hyphenation rules
- Hunspell - Polish hunspell dictionaries
- Gnugadu2 - Gadu-Gadu IM network client
- Fortunepl - Lot of funny Polish fortune files
- Aspell - Aspell Polish dictionary