- Introduction to FreeBSD Security Best Practices
- Working with Package Management in FreeBSD
- Understanding FreeBSD Security Advisories and Updates
- Troubleshooting Common System Administration Issues in FreeBSD
- Tips for Hardening FreeBSD to achieve System Protection
- Setting Up DHCP Server in FreeBSD
- Secure User and Group Management in FreeBSD Systems
- Secure Remote Access with SSH in FreeBSD
- Optimizing System Performance in FreeBSD
- Network Packet Capture with tcpdump in FreeBSD
- All posts ...
Do you have GDPR compliance issues ?
Check out Legiscope a GDPR compliance software, that will save you weeks of work, automating your documentation, the training of your teams and all processes you need to keep your organisation compliant with privacy regulations
Jul 20, 2023
Interface graphique de Code_Aster, en Tcl/Tk.
Tcl/Tk interface to run Code_Aster prepare and start calculations using run_aster.
See the port french/aster.
FreeBSD is renowned for its robustness and versatility. One of the key reasons behind its sustained popularity is the ports system that simplifies the package management system. FreeBSD ports offer an immense collection of programs that you can effortlessly install and use. In this article, we are going to discuss the
astk serveur port, which falls under the CAD Computer-Aided Design category. We are providing a comprehensive guide about its usage and benefits, and how it can enhance your FreeBSD experience.
Astk-serveur is a server for Code_Aster, a software package for finite element analysis and numerical simulation in structural mechanics. The software facilitates the study of seismic, thermal, and mechanical behavior of structures.
How to install
If you wish to use
astk serveur, firstly, you need to install its port on FreeBSD. You can achieve this by using their terminal and following commands
cd /usr/ports/cad/astk-serveur/ && make install clean
pkg install fr/astk-serveur
These commands will install required base files and dependencies.
After successful installation, you can launch the
astk serveur via the command
astk-serveur. The server accepts parameters to manage the resources.
Below we discuss a few common parameters
- -P specify the TCP port default port is 5001.
- -debug print debugging information.
- -n [nbproc] set the maximum number of simultaneous Code_Aster runs default is 1.
While there are many simulation programs,
astk serveur offers high flexibility and robustness. The server delivers high performance and easily manages resources. It also offers APIs for integration with other tools, which is a significant benefit for those looking to build an integrative analysis environment or a customized solution.
It’s advised to use
astk serveur with its client
astk-client which can be installed as follows
cd /usr/ports/cad/astk-client/ && make install clean
pkg install fr/astk-client
The client enables the user to manage Code_Aster computations create a study, manage the files of a study, submit a study to Code_Aster and supervise its execution.
Comparison with other FreeBSD Ports
Astk-serveur has a unique and dedicated function. It fits into niches, not occupied by other FreeBSD ports. However, within the CAD domain, other interesting ports are
netgen. Both are high-performance systems for constructive solid geometry CSG models and offer similar analysis and design abilities.
While using any server solution, security remains paramount. FreeBSD ports facilitate that through a range of IT security solutions such as [nmap]https//freebsdsoftware.org/security/nmap.html. Consider using this port to manage and ensure your IT security needs.
The astk-serveur is a unique solution within the FreeBSD environment for finite element analysis and numerical simulation. Its dedicated application within the CAD domain makes it a highly specialized and valuable asset for those working in this area. Supplemented by the FreeBSD port system, users can effortlessly install and implement this tool within their existing environment and meet their diverse CAD requirements.
Checkout these related ports:
- Zcad - Simple CAD program
- Z88 - Compact Finite Element Analysis System
- Yosys - Yosys Open SYnthesis Suite
- Yosys-systemverilog - SystemVerilog support for Yosys
- Xyce - Xyce electronic simulator
- Xcircuit - X11 circuit schematics drawing program
- Veryl - Veryl A modern Hardware Description Language (HDL)
- Veroroute - PCB (printed circuit board) design software
- Verilog-mode.el - Emacs lisp modules for the Verilog language
- Verilator - Synthesizable Verilog to C++ compiler
- Uranium - Python framework for 3D printing applications
- Uhdm - Universal Hardware Data Model
- Tochnog - Free explicit/implicit Finite Element Program
- Tkgate - Event driven digital circuit simulator
- Sweethome3d - Free interior 3D design application